Monday, January 20, 2014

Politically I align myself slightly toward the conservative side. I believe in small governments, minimal assistance, and personal freedoms.  Growing up in suburban Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, I encountered people from all walks of life. I lived in an area that was lower-middle class.  From this I witnessed the countless amounts that would “use the system”. This, in large part, shaped my views politically. The solution I saw to that problem was taking their access to these heavily abused benefits. I believe that people should work hard and carve their own trail, not live off of government subsidies, merely because “they can”.  My view is people where I come from, lower-middle class, are often afforded greater opportunities and thus have equal, if not greater, paths to success. Though, most others where I grew up with carried a defeated, “woe-is-me” attitude.

I tend to side republican, with former president Bill Clinton, a democrat and Chris Christie, republican New Jersey governor, being among my political idols. I see each man as very honest, yet aggressive politically. What they do behind closed doors is neither here nor there in my eyes.  I do not currently vote as I am of the stubborn mindset that my vote only counts “in theory”.  I’m taking this class to fulfill certain requirements for my degree and a genuine interest in our world. I also hope to get a much better and enriched view of our nation’s government, as I am very open minded and impressionable politically.

No comments:

Post a Comment